Thursday 11 July 2013

SILO SNIPPET


UNEXPECTED ARRIVALS: The swarm bees from Ayr
CRIKEY! After waiting impatiently for more than a year to get some training and then our hands on a colony of bees I've come to the conclusion these honey gathers are like the proverbial London red bus ... absolutely nothing for ages then suddenly three pull up at once.    Last month I ended up ordering a colony of bees by post but while waiting for them I was offered, out of the blue, a swarm in Ayr. And now I'm heading off to Lincoln to pick up three more colonies from a beekeeper who has lost his immunity to bee stings. Pour soul is distraught because he loves his hobby but it could literally kill him if he continues. I shall give a full report once we've settled the newbies in to our apiary in the Borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment