Wednesday 13 March 2013

SILO SNIPPET

Red Squirrels ... at the double

All in red: No longer solo
 EXCITING news on the squirrel front, it looks as though the little red critter I snapped (right) earlier this month now has a mate. He/she is much more elusive but I will try my best over the coming days to get the pair together as proof I'm not seeing double.
 The last thing I want now is the return of the grey squirrels that carry a pox virus which is deadly to their red counterparts.
 Without the Red Squirrel Survival Trust, a charity designed to ensure the conservation and protection of these animals, these entertaining little mammals would've been extinct by now.
 If you want to find out more about the fascinating work of the Trust check out their website: http://rsst.org.uk/about-us/

No comments:

Post a Comment