Thursday 14 March 2013

SQUIRREL-PROOF BIRD FEEDER

or ... the Great Escape

AS REGULARS of this blog know I am a writer and not a photographer or camera operator, so apologies in advance for the quality of the production you are about to see. The source of amusement was provided by the little red squirrel who has caused so much joy since he first made an appearance.


These last few days he has been very preoccupied by a squirrel-proof bird feeder and, more importantly, the tasty stash of peanuts inside. Performing a number of breath-taking acrobatic tricks the prize has eluded him ... until today when he performed a feat emulating the great escapologist Harry Houdini, pictured right. Amazingly he got inside the feeder by squeezing his frame through the cage. I missed that trick but grabbed my camera phone when I spotted him behind bars tucking in to the well-earned prize. 
The footage below is a tad shakey but I'm sure you can see the red flash and white bib as our ginger star makes good his escape. So in honour of the great Houdini, I give you Harry ... or even Harriet!


2 comments:

  1. very useful information you shared with us..thanking you.. http://google.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to do experiment with bird feeder.. http://birdfeederguide.com/

    ReplyDelete