Tuesday 8 October 2013

UGLY BUGS

..But their mother loves 'em

 NOW I know in this world of celebrity there is often a drive to objectify people and I am one of the biggest critics of this display of shallowness among folk.
UGLY DUO: But one day they will become 
beautiful white fantails ... let's hope!
 However I have to say I was taken aback today when I looked inside the dovecot to check out the two new arrivals which in my previous blog show up as a couple of little fluffy, yellow cutsies against their mum's beautiful white plummage.
Imagine my shock when I saw these two boggle-eyed chaps photographed on the right, staring back at me this morning. Furthermore, there's nothing cuddly or fluffy about them - they feel like spikey little hedgehogs to touch.
 In fact I thought the mother had abandoned them as she didn't seem to bother going near the dovecot all morning, but apparently this is what week old doves look like.
 I will keep you up to date on their progress but I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has experience of doves. This morning the flock of seven took off, I'm not sure where, and didn't reappear for nearly an hour.
 Is this normal behaviour?


No comments:

Post a Comment